Last fall the 11 essential training presentations developed by the National SND Committee were posted on-line and made available for general use. Each consists of a ZIP file containing a PowerPoint presentation plus supporting materials and handouts. They are posted on the Special Needs and Disabilities page: scouting.org/resources/disabilities-awareness/. Here is a list of the training modules.
- SND 100 (BCS 113) – Essentials in Serving Scouts with Disabilities
- SND 101 (BCS 118) – Serving Scouts with Special Needs
- SND 110 – Inclusion, The Key to Disabilities Awareness
- SND 120 (CED 714) – Special Needs Scouting, ADHD
- SND 130 (CED 715)– Special Needs Scouting, Autism
- SND 140 – Allergies
- SND 200 (CED 713) – Advancement for Scouts with Disabilities
- SND 210 – Program & Planning Strategies for Working with Scouts with Disabilities
- SND 220 – Camping Considerations for Scouts with Disabilities
- SND 230 (MCS 322) – Advanced Special Needs Scouting
- SND 300 – Council Special Needs & Disabilities Committee
The SND numbers are recommended for use in local volunteer training, for example, at a council’s “University of Scouting.” The numbers in parentheses are used by Commissioner Colleges.