Here are issues from 2017 to present.
Volume 6 – 2019
Volume 5 – 2018
Volume 4 – 2017
- Adapting Activities: Ensuring a great summer camp experience for Scouts with special needs.
- Awareness Events: The disAbilities Awareness Challenge at the 2017 National Jamboree, and the Philmont 2017 conference on growing your Scouts with disabilities membership and resources.
- Enhancing Awareness: Hints on establishing a council disabilities awareness committee, an inspiring reading to use in adult leader training.
- Adapting Advancement: Guidelines for adapt-ing the new Cub Scout requirements, standards and procedures for extending work on Eagle Scout requirements past age 18.
- Recognizing Abilities: The Special Needs Scouting Service Award square knot is now available.
- Helpful Links: Accessing Disabilities Awareness Materials
- Recognizing Abilities: The 2017 Woods Services Award was presented to Ralph N. Rehbock of the North-east Illinois Council. Be sure to submit nominations for the annual Torch of Gold and Woods Services Awards.
- Adapting Activities: First steps in accommodating Scouts with special needs; sign language for Scouting events.
- Enhancing Awareness: Importance of using proper words when leading Scouts with special needs; behavior contracts and individualized advancement plans; video portrays autism to young people.
- Adapting Advancement: Meeting advancement requirements “with no exceptions,” a handy table summarizing advancement adaptations, and special needs on the trail to Eagle.
- Awareness Events: Special needs and disabilities at the 2017 National Jamboree: one Scouter’s experience and a glimpse at the disAbilities Awareness Challenge.
- Helpful Links: Accessing Disabilities Awareness materials.
Volume 3 – 2016 and before
Here is a link to the BSA’s own archive of Abilities Digest back issues. These date back to Volume 1, #1.