Volume 6, no. 1, of Abilities Digest is now available. Here is a summary of the contents:
- Adapting Activities: The Chief Scout Executive speaks on Scouting with disabilities and special needs; summer activities for Scouts with special needs.
- Enhancing Awareness: Revised Special Needs and Disabilities Introduction now available; Philmont training program on special needs Scouting.
- Recognizing Abilities: Scouters recognized this year for service to Scouting with special needs and disabilities.
- Adapting Advancement: Perspectives on comparable challenges and expectations in advancement.
- Helpful Links: Accessing Disabilities Awareness materials.
Here is Volume 5, Number 4 of Abilities Digest. Highlights include:
- Adapting Activities: DisAbility adaptations for the COPE Challenge and course experience at the Philmont Training Center.
- Adapting Advancement: Perspectives on advancement as a method, not a mission, and on achievable challenges.
- Recognizing Abilities: Every council may present a Torch of Gold Award annually; Nominations for the 2019 Woods Services Award are due December 31; Earning the Special Needs Scouting Service Award.
Volume 5, Number 3 of Abilities Digest is now available online in PDF. It will be distributed to email subscribers in the next few days. Here is a summary of the contents:
- Recognizing Abilities: Eagle Project of the Year is a fully accessible musical playground. Mary Lynne Capen receives the 2018 Woods Services Award. Nominations for the 2019 Woods Services Award are due December 31.
- Adapting Advancement: Council advancement committees need Special Needs representation.
- Enhancing Awareness: A survey tool to count the number of Scouts with special needs in your council. Considering parents with bipolar disorder as potential unit leaders. Resource lists from the committee’s Resources Task Force.
Here is the Spring 2018 issue of Abilities Digest, volume 5, number 2. It will be distributed to email subscribers in the next few days.
Here is the Abilities Digest, Spring 2018 issue. We expect it to be distributed to mailing list subscribers soon.
Here is a link to the latest edition of Abilities Digest. We have been having difficulties with Abilities Digest distribution. The Fall issue is extra large to accommodate materials intended to be published earlier this year.